(If the image refuses to load, you should be able to see it in a new tab by clicking here .) The big event of the week was, as you can see, my knitting guild's Sheep to Sweater Event. We had perfect weather and it was so good to see so many of my fellow sheepies. In addition to winning one of the 20 raffles, I came home with the left-over yarn from the free table and, even better, had a drop spindle spinning lesson. Pat tells me I need to spin for 15 minutes a day for, um, a month, two months? And after that I should be pretty good. We shall see. Afterwards, jebra and I drove down to Hazel Park to try the Italian Beef sandwich place we'd heard about. Matt & Mo's serves wonderful Italian Beef sandwiches and I'm sort of relieved they're a bit of a drive or I'd eat there all the time. They share the space with Doug's Delight, an ice cream shop, and that's even more dangerous. I had a cone of Detroit Grand Slam (a caramel coffee espresso base and a sea salt caramel swirl mixed with coffee espresso chocolate flakes) and I think it is one of the two best flavors I have ever had. (The other being a Kentucky Bourbon I haven't been able to get my hands on since.) In car news, the van is still in the repair shop. We're on week three now and I am not looking forward to paying the repair bill as well as however much Enterprise Rent-a-Car is going to charge. One of the car's computers went kablooey and the darn things have to programmed for each make & model of car. The manufacturing delay for appliances and building materials apparently extends to car parts. In mom news, she's home from my sister's place and was in a great mood when we talked yesterday. In crafting news I finished and turned in 5 baby hats during the BSKG event. The guild knit 242 hats in less than three weeks and they will be shipped to Bronson hospital in Battle Creek for distribution. Go us! Since Sunday I've finished an additional three baby hats, an adult hat I'm not pleased with, and one cat bed. I really need to get cranking on the cat beds as the amount of yarn in the house is annoying me. Scrapbook papers & elements from the kit Bohemian Breeze For more information about the designers and their work, see http://mrs-sweetpeach.dreamwidth.org/903338.html" . This entry was originally posted at https://mrs-sweetpeach.dreamwidth.org/1068843.html .