1. What did you do in 2020 that you'd never done before? Lived during a worldwide pandemic.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Since I don't remember if I made any, I don't know. Although I have a hunch I might have sworn off buying new yarn. If so, I failed miserably. I love yarn. This year I resolve to crochet less and knit more.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No close friends or family members passed, thank goodness.
5. What countries did you visit? Countries?!? I think I left Oakland County only two or three times.
6. What would you like to have in 2021 that you lacked in 2020? A body that worked better and hurt less.
7. What date(s) from 2020 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? My days and weeks ran together to the point no one date stands out.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I crocheted a total of 146 cat beds.
9. What was your biggest failure? That my house still looks like something out of hoarders.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing new although the arthritis in my joints is getting worse.
11. What was the best thing you bought? A new non-slip thing for inside the bathtub.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? President Elect Biden.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? President Trump.
14. Where did most of your money go? Food and otherhold household expenses.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Nothing comes to mind.
16. What song will always remind you of 2020? I've been mostly listening to EDM and can't recall any lyrics that stood out in a good or bad way.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Sadder
ii. thinner or fatter? Pretty much the same.
iii. richer or poorer? Marginally richer since the usual travel expenses were cut out.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Knit and exercise.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Sit on the couch.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Repeatedly calling the Chinese restaurant to place our order.
21. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve? Watching tv and hopefully zooming with my husband's family.
22. Did you fall in love in 2020? No, but I didn't fall out of love either.
23. How many one-night stands? I'm married and monogamous. And if I weren't, with COVID around? Are you crazy?
24. What was your favourite TV program? First 48.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No, I don't think so.
26. What was the best book you read? I have read some excellent fanfic, but no actual books.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? iamSHUM
28. What did you want and get? I bought myself a class on lie detection.
29. What did you want and not get? Getting those kids out of cages and back to their parents.
30. What was your favourite film that you saw for the first time this year? Knives Out.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 60 and have no idea what, if anything we did. I suppose I could go look the Project 52 Page for that week but I'm too lazy to do it.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being able to visit my mom.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2020? Pants and a t-shirt, just like any other day for the past 20 years.
34. What kept you sane? Who says I'm sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Oscar Jaenada.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? COVID
37. Who did you miss? My Mom and all of our friends who we couldn't see in person.
38. Who was the best new person you met? one_raido (via LJ and Zoom).
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2020. That I am actually a lot more social than I thought I was.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
There must be some kind of way outta here
Said the joker to the thief
There's too much confusion
I can't get no relief This entry was originally posted at https://mrs-sweetpeach.dreamwidth.org/1058503.html.